Sunday, May 27, 2012

UNPACKING DAY!!!

Well, first DZ and I did some Sunday morning devotions and singing, just us and The Indefatigable (yes, that's Dan's piano's epic, epic name. A late-night DC walk and some recent Hornblower played a big part in that decision. lol)

After that, spent hours just moving boxes from one floor to the other and sorting all our wedding gifts to the right rooms. Then we decided to tackle the kitchen.


The main complication was finding stuff left behind by previous housemates of Dan's and deciding what to keep, what to donate, and what to throw away in a plastic bag so it wouldn't stink up the kitchen. LOL Just kidding. Well, except for the George Forman grills. Yes, there was more than one. :P


My favorite part: Putting all the Fiestaware into a cabinet in the exact right color combination! Dan and I figure I will eventually stop bothering to put them in the most chromatically pleasing order, but I haven't yet. lol

DZ and I also listed our superfluous, not-as-pretty-as-the-white-one refrigerator on Craigslist. Neither of us have ever CL'd anything, so it's been a fun experience. For those of you who also have not used the List of Craig, here's how it goes:

  • take picture of item
  • post it, price, and a laconic description (in our case: refrigerator, GE, off-white, works) on CL.com
  • after about an hour, you should receive roughly 8 emails:
  • 5 say: "is it still available? cause- want has!")
  • 3 say: "will you take ___ price instead?"
  • reply to all that yes yes, will sell, very much, just want the thing gone. first one to the house gets fridge!
  • nobunny comes.
  • get 5 more emails.
  • rinse repeat.

lol Needless to say, we still haven't gotten rid of the fridge, but we're in no particular rush, and DZ says he doesn't mind getting rid of it for free if it comes to that. Plus, you can't really complain-- Craigslist is free and easy to use, and handy as heck for finding things too. Actually, DZ found Kokomo (my Rav4) on Craigslist, so very much can't complain. ;)

That said, "I got a crisp Benjamin Franklin for anyone willing to disappear a fridge, no questions asked..."


2 comments:

  1. Last comment. For today anyway. I swear. (actually I don't, I'm a lady)

    I just had to say that your dishes look delicious. Why even bother putting food on them?

    And I approve of the piano's new monicker.

    And I hope you sell your fridge.

    And I'm going to go make flashcards now like a good child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *squee!* pwetty, pwetty dishes! Why bother un-color-coordinating? It looks nice that way :)

    I didn't know Dan had a piano! Sweet!

    Stupid fridge! Stupid fridge-wanting people! I hope somebody takes it off your hands before it eats you :P

    -Phoebe

    ReplyDelete