Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Started unpacking my stuff (don't judge; dressers are just for people who don't like suitcases as much as I do. :P ) and pretty'd up the dressertop:


It's beachy. It makes me smile. ;)

When DZ got home, we sorted out the last of the cabinets and the refrigerator. The fridge, it turns out, is full of nothankyou food which housemates have left behind; we've been enjoying a new game called: Can We Still Eat This? It goes like this:

"Can frozen fish go bad?"
"What's the expiration date?"
"Doesn't say."
"I'll Google it..."
"Well there's a coupon on the box that expired February 2010."
"...toss it."

True story. lol

Another side-effect of having housemates, everybody buys their own of everything. So Dan and I have two shopping lists: What to buy, and what NOT to buy. This list so far includes:
  • cooking spray (4 cans)
  • peanut butter (3 jars)
  • cling wrap (5 boxes)
  • Italian seasoning (3 identical shakers)
  • laundry detergent (8 jugs...kidyounot)
Works for us-- it's a whole list of stuff we don't have to buy for quite awhile. ;)

Oh, another do-not-buy item:


plastic cutlery. lol


1 comment:

  1. Not going to comment on all the loveliness (cuz I'm supposed to be making flashcards), but had to tell you I laughed out loud at yours and Dan's food conversation -- not like Doghouse Diaries, I actually made sounds -- literally out loud -- you could have heard them, had you been standing next to me! ...okay, so it was ME, in which case it was more of a snort-meets-a-snigger. But it definitely created soundwaves.

    Just think how pleased you'll be to share when your nice Korean neighbors come knocking, asking to borrow a couple yards of cling wrap! :D

    Nobody coming in to rob you could ever doubt your beachy affinity, m'dahlin! (and now that I've planted THAT creepy thought... *shakes head* I'll just rock you to sleep tonight, shall I?)

    ReplyDelete