Saturday, June 2, 2012

Shopping day! I don't like shopping. But Dan doesn't like shopping either, so apparently if two anti-shoppers go shopping TOGETHER, it magically transforms into fun. ;)

Our most successful trip was probably the one to Ikea, where we strolled around the showroom picking up ideas for our living room and guest rooms, pretended to seriously consider purchasing everything that came in zebra stripe (that may have mostly been me) and finally, bought two chairs to match the last chairs we bought at Ikea.

Side note: Ikea instructions are funny:


Glowing with our successful shopping trip, we headed to WalMart, where we suddenly and simultaneously decided we were already sick of shopping. Halfway across the parking lot, Dan said, "I'll wait for you outside." at the same time I headed back towards the car saying, "I wanna go home!"

We're pathetic. But we're pathetic together, so it's kind of like romantic.

After shopping, we went to Uncle Jack & Aunt Beverly's in Maryland, where we played Corn Hole (Engels-- we need to get one of these for cookouts! :D), hung out with the fam (including cousin Darren and Charity and their boys) and had dinner, followed by chocolate chip pie. 0_0 Charity makes it. It's kind of like chocolate chip cookies...but with PIE. ...maybe you gathered that. :P

It started getting dark, and since DZ's car was still parked at Uncle Jack & Aunt Bev's house from hitching a ride with them to the wedding, he drove it home while I followed in Kokomo.

My first time driving on the Capitol Beltway!

I didn't know a 45-minute trip could take 2 hours, but narrowing a DC-bound 4-lane to 2 lanes and then 1 lane on a Saturday night sure did the trick. :P It was kind of stressful, and someone tried to merge into the front corner of my car. But a Korean lady let me merge in front of her when no one else would let me in (my lane was ending. thanks, guys.) and Dan was really good at having someone follow him. Plus, I got a well-timed text message from Hannah which reminded me not to sink to the traffic-grousing level of the average DC commuter, and I opened up my windows and shared some Owl City with the BMWs and Benz's around me. ;)

When we got home, Dan felt terrible about the traffic I'd had to drive through my first time. He carried all the groceries in, made me a massive orange-juice-and-St-Germain (a really sweet French liquor made from Elderflower <3 ) nightcap, and then gave me a back rub while we watched Gilmore Girls.


It was the one where Lorelei has to go on a date with Rune. Dan laughed at all the right spots. Honestly, it turned into a really fun evening. lol

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes! That is exactly what I bring to a relationship, explain that to him please.

      Delete
  2. Go Ikea! Your guys' white flag raising on the Wal-Mart prospect was worthy of Gilmore Girls. Owl City's "Gold" is perfect for this blog (I can only imagine that's the reason for the name...)

    "You gave 'em nothing but the best, and you can tell 'em your story..."

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phe. :) Yeeeah, I think "Gold" has become my unofficial theme song...which always makes me think of you guys. <3

      Delete
  3. *engage Tunnel vision effect* Corn Hole????? *goes to Google for answers*

    Sounds like FUN. :) Thanks for reminding me about Hyperbole and a Half. I just realised I like it alot.

    God bless Ya!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL This is Alot of blogposts! :P

      Yeah apparently, Corn Hole is like-- THE tailgate party game for before a football game. Dan described it this way:

      "I throw a beanbag, then you throw a beanbag, then I throw, then you, then me, then you, and we try to get them in the hole for three points, or get the beanbag to stay on the board for one point, and whoever has the most points after three beanbags wins, and then we switch places, and we do this all afternoon and drink beer."

      lol

      Delete